"... for the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Nehemiah 8.10)
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” (Isaiah 12.2)
Psalm 103:4-14 provides an excellent list of reasons to be joyful in the Gospel. For those looking for a practical starting point after week 3, I encourage you to soak in these truths. Memorize them. Print them out and put them on your bathroom mirror or near your monitor. A man who knows these things will bear productive, life-giving fruit (John 15:5-11).
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
1. who forgives all your iniquity,
2. who heals all your diseases,
3. who redeems your life from the pit,
4. who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5. who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
6. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.
7. He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel.
8. The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
9. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever.
10. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
11. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
12. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.
13. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.