And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. (Colossians 1.9–12)A Prayer for (fill in the blank).
- First, remember: Don't cease. Persistent prayers exemplify faith (Luke 18:7-8)
- May (blank) be filled with the knowledge of Your will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- May this lead (blank) to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.
- May (blank) be pleasing to You.
- May (blank) bear fruit in every good work.
- And, because this is all happening, may (blank) grow in the knowledge of God.
- May (blank) be strengthened with all Your power for JOYFUL endurance and patience.
- May (blank) give you thanks for the salvation that You gave them.
These prayers are in accordance with the better promises of the new covenant (Hebrews 7:18 and 8:6). They are prayers that, when answered, will glorify God in the midst of hard times not by getting rid of hard times.
You Give Them Something to Eat - A sermon (audio) on Luke 9:10-21
Prayer, Preaching and Missions: How Do They Work Together