21 September 2009

A parting wish from Jonathan Edwards to his congregation: a call to parenting

From Edwards 'Farewell Sermon' (The Works of Jonathan Edwards, Vol. I, p. ccvi.)
"Let me now therefore, once more, before I finally cease to speak to this congregation, repeat, and earnestly plea the counsel which I have often urged on the heads of families, while I was their pastor, to great painfulness in teaching, warning, and directing their children; bringing them up in the training and admonition of the Lord; beginning early, where there is yet opportunity, and maintaining constant diligence in labours of this kind." - Jonathan Edwards
Coming Attractions
Blessing and Reward (a parenting class for "amateurs") - 8 weeks, beginning October 29th at Summitview Community Church

0 comments:

Post a Comment