24 July 2009

Before You Correct or Encourage, Pray and Remember

A message from "Ignite" (June 16th, 2009) on 2 Timothy 1:2-7.


I tease Shelli about it all the time. If communication patterns are like a bag of golf clubs, her bag looks different than mine.

"You have one club, babe... a driver! Whether your on the tee, in the trap or on the green - you bring the driver."

I, on the other hand, have a bag full of clubs for every occasion. A few sand wedges, several woods and maybe even a couple putters. Whatever the situation, I have a club. I have so many clubs that sometimes, in my indecisiveness, I don't actually swing.

Every bag of clubs has its weaknesses and, yet, we are all called to speak words of correction and encouragement (1 Thes. 5:11,14 and Gal. 6:1). In his second letter to Timothy, Paul is an example of how prayerfulness steers us away from these weaknesses and their damaging affects. Audio

Additional Resources

1 comment: